Tuesday, August 16, 2011


I have been in Japan for almost a week now, but it feels like I have been here a month.  I began moving stuff into my new apartment, which I am very impressed with, but I have completely destroyed my back in the process and I am now just sore all over.  The humidity means I have also been in an almost constant state of sweat, which is really no fun at all.  It is not as bad as I thought though.  All in all I still really like it here, despite the fact that I still feel like a fish out of water.  
View of my hotel room from the back of the bed
Hotel room from the desk


Love the view from this hotel room. Lots of pretty girls holding the hands of much older men... hmmm

The apartment is really nice, and my wife did a great job with the place.  There is no AC, but the constant breeze in the area where I live is just amazing.  We have not met any of the neighbors unfortunately, and that is probably because of it being Obon (a yearly festival where people often return to their hometown).  

View of my new apartment from the kitchen

I am really lucky that the hotel has a connection to the internet, because who knows how long it will take for the net to start working at my new place.  So I guess I will post more later… whenever I really settle down.  It won’t be too exciting though, since I am conserving money and just staying put.
The park/garbage pick up near my apartment... yeah... thats all of it.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a radio dial on the headboard? Lovely view from the hotel! Also, awesome that all of your moving boxes have kitties on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes it is... it has controls for the lights and an alarm too.. woot

    ReplyDelete