Friday, August 19, 2011

Too hot and a waterproof frog



Now I am moved into my new apartment.  Sort of…  We don’t have any kind of storage set out for all these boxes, so they will just sit here until we buy some tension rods for the closets as well as some storage bins of some kind.  This means we are kind of stuck in a half way unpacked apartment until we can get this resolved.  The weather here is consistently hot and humid.  Not as bad as South Carolina, but we don’t have an air conditioner.  Since I have moved in, I have been in a constant state of sweat and have been leaving cold water in the bath tub, so I can jump in whenever and cool off.  My back has unfortunately been giving me a lot of grief as well and it seems that I have overworked it.  It really frustrates me, because I feel like an old man that has to stop every few minutes for a rest.
Other than the heat, my back and my unpacked place, I am loving this place.  The location is great and the apartment itself is large for our needs.  Today is also a god-sent, since it rained, the temperature must have dropped 10 degrees, which means for once, I am not sweating. 

On another note, I will be training for my job and this video clip from the movie “Gung Ho” (From where I get the title of my blog) is how I feel it will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment