Saturday, August 13, 2011

Touchdown Japan

Well, how fast time flies from my last post.  Since that time, I was given the placement call for the Yokohama branch of Interac and contracted to Isehara.  Soon after, I was given a time and date to show up and given a Japanese level test which I bungled badly. 
The interac staff has been fairly accommodating and has worked well with my wife in getting a nice apartment for me.  It’s actually quite large for Japan and is a good deal.  Unfortunately without an air conditioner, I will sweat it out for a while until I can buy one, maybe next spring.   I booked a ticket for an outrageously expensive ticket of 1055USD… one way… its about 1200 round trip… pretty stupid if you ask me.
So now I am sitting in my hotel room in Yokohama.  It’s a lot nicer than I expected with a cool view.  Tomorrow the real work starts, as I am meeting my new landlord and getting the keys.
I have kind of surprised myself with how many little things about Japan I forgot about, and can’t shake the feeling of feeling off balance.  Since I am a veteran of living in Japan, I thought I would adapt instantly, but that isn’t the case.  In fact I am glad about that… I feel like it’s my first time, and things feel new and fascinating… Just like my first time… It’s like being a virgin all over again… hahahah!

View from my hotel window.

1 comment:

  1. *Cue Lost in Translation music.*
    I'm sure you will adapt soon, probably once you get situated into the new place. Although it is probably a lot different Japan than before.

    ReplyDelete